Thursday, May 5, 2011

NEIL!!

Just to set the record straight before any of you start making judgments....


- It's true, I went to a Neil Diamond concert at Soccer City.
- Heck no I didn't tell anyone I was going.
- Somehow I knew EVERY song but definitely did NOT sing. (Are we born with the lyrics to every Beatles, Phil Collins, Bruce Springsteen and Neil song ingrained in our minds??)
- Fact, Neil and U2 are the only two concerts to sell out the massive stadium.
- Okay, I sang along to Coming to America and Sweet Caroline and Song Sung Blue and Shilo and Brooklyn Roads, but that was all!
- No no, I did not purchase the tickets... they were a gift... to Willem... from his dad (AHHH now it's all coming together).
- ...and Cracklin' Rose and Forever in Blue Jeans, but no more. Swear.
- Neil is ancient.
- ...possibly Soolaimon too, but I don't really remember clearly.
- Did we have a good time? No comment.
- ...and Kentucky Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment