Wednesday, May 30, 2012

First World Problems & RIP Cody

#FirstWorldProblems
It is finally starting to hit me. Tomorrow is my last day in Maryland and I'm kind of starting to freak out. There are a few things that I forgot about when it comes to leaving the country, such as letting the bank know. And come to think of it, I don't think that she did anything about that because we ran into another problem. It just so happens that my bank card is going to expire while I am in Africa and that's not okay with me. If my card doesn't come in the mail tomorrow... It could get interesting come July. Also, my license will expire. Granted it will still be me, but if for any reaso I need that form of identification it will not be up to date. Oops. So that means I will need to take a trip to the MVA tomorrow morning - FUN!!! (not) Oh and how lovely, I just remembered that I still have to schedule a few bill payments for those two months I am gone as well - lame. It really is incredible to think about how my first-world way of life can cause such a headache. I am excited to see what Swaziland has in store for me and what the lack of material wealth does for the people. I wonder what causes stress in their life? What do they worry about?
------
#RIPCody
I want to ask all of my readers to keep the Green family in their prayers. From what I understand, a friend of mine from high school "Cody Green" took his own life this past week. After high school I talked to him a few times but we didn't talk nearly as much as we had. Never the less, it is always devastating to hear about a life that ends to suddenly and at such a young age. I am realizing how important it is for me to boldly proclaim my faith to my friends and even to strangers. What am I do, not telling people about the saving grace of Jesus Christ?! It is my prayer that this loss would be a wake up call to all of the people that love and miss Cody, that they would realize the need of a Savior so that they too can go to Heaven. It bugs me that I don't know about Cody's faith. If I considered him my friend shouldn't I have been concerned about where his soul would go when he died? This entire situation has made me think a lot about my concern for people's souls. I pray for lost souls almost every day, but I do not witness to them everyday. I need be more bold. I need to share the good news of Christ every chance that I get. I need to stop passing up the opportunity to plant the seed to change a life. I want to live out "being the change I want to see in the world." If I expect the Holy Spirit to do something incredible, I need to start living like something incredible is going to happen every second of every day. What is there to fear in America when it comes to sharing faith? That someone will disagree and walk away, call us a name, cuss at us, or maybe even accept the Lord? That sounds a lot better than the things that can happen to people in countries like Korea. The mention of the bible is enough to have a person killed by the government. I'd rather have someone laugh at me. I have it so easy living in America. I need to start taking advantage of the blessing of being born in a free country. Cody reminded me of the blessings I have been given. In his death he has reminded me of the importance of reaching out to people. He has made me realize that friendship needs to be more than a hug and hi, once in a while. To care about a person should mean that you care about their soul, their life after this one. We are only passing through here and we have a choice as to where we will spend eternity. I pray that someone else took the opportunity that I missed over and over again, to witness to Cody; and that one day, I will see him again in Heaven with all of the others who have died was too young.


------
"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15

No comments:

Post a Comment