Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Am In Good Hands

Did you know that some people call Swaziland... Neverland!!?? When i found that out, I knew that I had to go. It has been called Neverland because if nothing is done about the AIDS rate of infection, by the year of 2050 the only people living there will be children (if the country even exists anymore). I heard those statistics and immediately I thought, "those children need a mother!!" So, I signed up to go and be their Wendy Bird for two months. Ahhh, I get all excited just thinking about their little faces! People often ask me if I am scared. Honestly, I haven't even had time to think about being scared. It's an amazing thing when the Lord calls you to do something and you obey Him. In the past few months after taking the first steps to accept His call for me, I have been blessed beyond my imagination. Things that seemed to be completely impossible were made possible right before my eyes. For instance, my first deadline was approaching for my financial goal. I was still in need of $1200 and I had 4 days to raise the money. A friend of mine asked me how I planned on coming up with that kind of money in such I a short period of time. I told her that I didn't need to worry about it because God would take care of it. I had no idea how God would take care of it but I knew that he would because after all, it was His will that I go on this trip to begin with. After our conversation I went back to my apartment to check and make sure that I had the right number ($1200) because it was quite terrifying. I logged on to my donation account and I could not believe my eyes. I began to cry and I could not hold back the praises I had for my incredible God. In my account that day was a donation of exactly $1200 not a dollar more or a dollar less. I immediately called my mom to tell her about how AMAZINGLY good the Lord had been to me. God has continued to provide every single thing that I have needed to make this trip possible. Do I deserve any of it? NO! But God continues to shower me with His grace and love. So how could I be scared? The Lord is the one that is in control. He is the one that holds my life and my soul. If I believe in Him, what could I possibly be afraid of?
"The Lord is my light and my Salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?..." Psalm 27
It is easy to say this now while I am at home, clean, safe, snuggled up in my own warm bed with my fan blowing on my face and knowing that my family members are each in their own rooms with the same comfort and protection. I guarantee in a week and a half when I reach my home in Africa it will be a lot more difficult to have such a strong positive outlook. Sleeping in a sleeping bag under a mosquito net with a small travel pillow and most likely pretty dirty in a room full of other girls in the same situation. Surrounded by a completely foregin land that is fully of disease, poverty and orphans. Please, pray for my team and I. Pray that Satan would be driven far from us and that we would not believe any of his lies. Pray that we would keep strong in unwavering faith and that we would rely fully on God, not matter what. Prayer is s powerful and I am SO serious when I ask you to take a hot second right now to prayer for these things for my team and I. Your support truly is a blessing to me and I am grateful beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment