Saturday, June 9, 2012

I MADE IT!!!

Alright, this is going to be quick because my minutes of internet are running out.
Okay, So, this place is amazing. Each day I keep falling more in love with Africa and Swaziland and the Swazi people.  They are so full of life and joy it is amazing.  I have so much to learn from Swaziland and it has only began.  I am so incredibly excited!!! I met the children at the care point and I have met some of the local people who live around Lelo's homestead where we are staying. I got to help a woman who was using a wheel barrow to take water back to her house from the well, I went on two house visits to meet Gogo's (grandma's) and share the Word of God with them and pray with them and just show them love, I have even had the pleasure of playing with Lelo's kids. 

Before I forget! We landed in Johannesburg and drove to Timbutini the next morning. On the way we stopped at a "mall" for a quick break.  Inside is when it finally hit me that we were in Africa.  I walked into a sport shop and they sold RUGBY stuff. Naturally I bought a rugby ball and I  was able to use it to play with Lelo's kids.  His middle son ran up to me when I got out of the van and jumped into my arms.  He would not let me put him down.  We danced and he sang me his church songs and he played with my hair and loved all over me! I want to bring him home already!! ha. This boy has the sweetest smile and I love to hear it each day.  He does this thing where he sticks his tongue out and he kind of like blows "raspberries" as he laughs.  It is music to my ears. I love him.

I will write more next Saturday but for now know, I am in love with this place and I am safe.  The people are amazing. And this is more of a gift to me than I will ever be to them.

TIME TO CHANGE THE WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment