Thursday, June 21, 2012

I made it!

Jambo! And greetings from Migori, Kenya! Just wanted to drop a note to let everyone know I made it safely. Here's a quick breakdown of what it took to get here:

1 hr flight from CLT to DC
13 hr flight from DC to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2 hr flight to Nairobi, Kenya
1 night stay in a hotel
7 hr drive to Migori

Phew. So approximately 48 hours after I left Charlotte, I have made it to my final destination. I have my first day at the hospital in the morning, so I won't go into too many details of what happened along the journey. I will say that it's beautiful and everyone I've met so far has been absolutely wonderful! Oh, and my camera was dead right when I got here-oops! So the pictures I have so far are from my cell phone, but I'll be charged up and ready to go tomorrow (because I know that's what most of you want from this hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment