Monday, June 4, 2012

They Love Me for Me

I made it to Georgia safe and sound with only like 5,000 awkward stares. No Big Deal. I understand WonderWoman doesn't make too many airport visits. I am still in awe of how well God has planned this entire trip. This can't be real life. A team of 22 girls, all extroverts, all feelers, and all incredibly in love with God. Meeting each other was like a reunion with old friends. To think that just days ago we were all strangers is insane. We have come together as a team so fast and have been able to love and trust each other as a family in just 3 days.


From the moment I landed in the airport and saw my teammates waving frantically at me as I was dressed like a complete goober,it really set the tone for the acceptance and love that has begun to blossom among us already. We have been able to work as a team to win the overall team challenges and well as to excel at each individual challenge. We made a primitive shelter to sleep in two nights ago out of 3 tarps and some rope, we created a beautiful team canvas that really captures our vision for ministry in Swaziland, and we have supported each other and encouraged each other as we come closer and closer to our final destination.

I have been able to completely be myself, the crazy, goofy, outgoing person that God created me and I am accepted for it! I am loved by stranger for who God made me and it feels SO good. I have been loved:wearing a cape, wearing glasses with no lenses, with a paint handprint on my face, wearing a hoodie vest, doing ridiculous interpretive dances, speaking with my annoying voices, making sound effects & so much more. Because my teammates don't care what is on the outside, they do not care to judge me, they know that I am a creation of God and what they care about is so much deeper than my sweater vest. They care about my soul & I care about theirs.

We are college students and we are naive enough to believe that we can change the world because nobody has told us that we can't. & because if that... We just might do it! We don't want to talk about furthering Gods kingdom, and talk about ways to serve His people. We want to put our words and Gods desires to action. So watch us, here we go!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment